Next: File Selectors
Up: Tix Widgets
Previous: Tix Widgets
- a balloon that pops up over a widget to provide help.
The Balloon widget can be used to show popped-up messages
that describe the functions of the widgets in an application. When the user
moves the cursor inside a widget to which a Balloon widget has been
bound, a small pop-up window with a descriptive message will be shown
on the screen.
- The ButtonBox widget creates a box of buttons,
such as is commonly used for
- The Tix ComboBox widget is similar to the combo box
control in MS Windows. The user can select a choice by either typing
in the entry subwdget or selecting from the listbox subwidget.
- The Control widget is also known as the
widget. The user can adjust the value by pressing the two arrow
buttons or by entering the value directly into the entry. The new
value will be checked against the user-defined upper and lower limits.
- The LabelEntry widget packages an entry widget and a
label into one mega widget. It can be used be used to simplify the
creation of ``entry-form" type of interface. In this kind of interface,
one must create many entry widgets with label widgets next to them and
describe the use of each of the entry widgets.
- The LabelFrame widget packages a frame widget and a label
into one mega widget. To create widgets inside a LabelFrame widget, one
must create the new widgets relative to the
frame subwidget and
manage them inside the
- The Meter widget can be used to show the pregress of a
background job which may take a long time to execute.
- The OptionMenu creates a menu button of options.
- The Tix PopupMenu widget can be used as a replacement of the
- The Select widget is a container of button subwidgets. It
can be used to provide radio-box or check-box style of selection
options for the user.
- The StdButonBox widget is a group of standard
buttons for Motif-like dialog boxes.